angpent

Angel's Book Reviews 2.0

The Lady of the Rivers

The Lady of the Rivers - Philippa Gregory I suspect this one is the least historically accurate book on the series so far. Jacquetta seems to be a very mysterious character, mostly absent from historical record.

Maybe because of that, the story flows beautifully. Since there aren't that many facts to stick to, the book is free to create dramatic arcs and symmetries that weren't possible in the first two books.

Her writing style is still very repetitive, but that's something I've been saying since the first book. It still didn't bother me as much as it did on [b:The White Queen|5971165|The White Queen (The Cousins' War, #1)|Philippa Gregory|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1406950364s/5971165.jpg|13560666], which is surprising, considering it's essentially the same story that I'm reading over and over again. What difference a well-rounded plot and well-written characters make!