angpent

Angel's Book Reviews 2.0

To Kill a Mockingbird

To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee 73. TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD, BY HARPER LEE

Actually, this one was recommended (rather non-voluntarily) to me by a creep on the internet who took offense at me wanting to spend a year reading books written by women. Unfortunately, I didn’t take note of his user name and don’t know how to get in touch with him again to thank him... As malicious as his comment might have been, this is indeed a very good book. It was further recommended by Michelle, so he doesn't get all the points for this.

English is not my first language, so I didn’t read this in school. My required reading was very different. I’m not absolutely sure I would have enjoyed it if I had read it as a child, but I tend to believe so. The prose is delicious, the characters are captivating, the story is adventurous.

I’m sure, this being such a famous and important book, that there are many reviews for it, and they must have discussed its elements quite thoroughly. That being the case, I’ll just save my words and simply say that I’ve enjoyed it and very much recommend it.

Up next: The Secret Life of Bees, by Sue Monk Kidd